Thursday, January 05, 2006

Time, time, time...

I'm slowly regaining some control of my schedule. I admit I'm working on the easy parts first. I know when I should be catching up on housework tasks. And now I'm scheduling reading time. It's altogether too easy to put off reading 'til bedtime 'cause I'm looking forward to it. But then, more likely than not, I'll fall asleep before I get to the second page of the chapter.

I'm leaving The History of the World and The Voyage of the Beagle on the sidebar 'cause I'll probably be reading them for a long time to come. In addition, I'm reading Winter World with my friends at Whorled Leaves. I'm also working on my book choice for Whorled Leaves in February.

My local bookclub is reading Time Traveler's Wife. I've read it and I'm happy to re-read it. And, by coincidence the February selection for this group is mine, too. I have chosen Jonathan Franzen's book The Corrections, which, even if it didn't tell a story, would be worth reading for the language alone. I picked up The Corrections at the local used booksale last fall. And I'm happy to avoid buying new books for the bookclub this month. (I'm hoping to choose something for Whorled Leaves from my shelf also.)

No comments: