Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Last night's bookclub discussion of The DaVinci Code was pretty spirited. Bettsie's a good discussion leader. She's thought about the questions and makes sure everyone participates to some degree. I'll have to do a bit of work for next month's discussion of Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion.

It's another of those beautiful sunny and leafy green days. I have an awful lot to clean up indoors. How can we have made such a mess since we got back from New York Sunday night? Then I should check the tomatoes for staking and do some weeding in the vegetable garden. It's a little chilly at the moment. So I don't mind working on the kitchen and such for a while. Maybe I'll still watch West Wing at 11:00 and by the time I get out to the garden it will be warmer.

We had a nice time in New York. Maggy met Cynthie and me at the Botanical Garden, despite the difficulty getting there 'cause the parkway was blocked off for a festival. I know she must have been tired after visiting with Jacqui the night before. But she was a good sport about looking at the gardens. She went to Staten Island Saturday night to visit friends and got back to Cyn's Sunday morning. So we went into the city for lunch and ran into the Gay Pride Parade. People in the parade were having so much fun you can't help enjoying watching. Stopped at Benetton briefly where Maggy bought a pretty yellow linen dress at 30% off. Well, actually I bought it for her to reward her restraint at only planning to buy two items -- the dress and a slightly funky black t-shirt.

Cynthie's garden looks really nice. The re-modeling of her work room in the basement is turning out really well. I took the crewel work I made for her years ago 'cause she's planning to change the colors in the room where she had it hung. I really liked the ceiling fan in her guest room. I don't know why it never occurred to me to put ceiling fan's in the bedrooms. But I think I'll do that now. We use box fans in the windows. Ceiling fans work better and look nicer. Maggy asked quite a while ago if we could replace the stupid 4' fluorescence and it's a good idea to replace them with fans.

Much as I'd like to do some web browsing now, I think I'll try to get some cleaning/organizing done.

No comments: