Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Zucchini

Tired of Zucchini yet? Try these Zucchini Oven Chips Maggy and I made last weekend from a Cooking Light recipe.

1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
Cooking spray

  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Combine first five ingredients.
  3. Dip zucchini slices in milk then in breadcrumb mixture.
  4. Place zucchini slices on a wire rack coated with cooking spray and place on a cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until brown and crisp. Serve immediately.

I swear I wrote this and yesterday's post before I read that zucchini and sushi are Leendalu's least favorite recipes. I didn't even grown zucchini this year. I got some from David. But I'm guessing I'll be using this recipe with my summer squash soon.

No comments: