Tuesday, May 01, 2007

New Stuff

Yes, Simon and KAZ, I have baby chicks, too. These are Silver Laced Wynandottes. I like to get a different variety each year so I can tell how old they are. You know, it's surprisingly difficult to get a decent picture of them.


Here they are trying to stay as far away from me as possible. Don't they look worried?




But here they are in their usual feeding mode.


We also have baby onions. Not so cute, but very useful. I splurged on onion plants this year to see if they do better than direct seeded onions or sets. In this picture there's Ailsa Craig Exhibition an English heirloom variety and Mars a sweet red onion. In another bed there's Copra which stays "rock hard for up to a year in storage and are just as flavorful in spring as they were when harvested."

No comments: