Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

What is it about the tabula rasa, the blank page, the "I'm going to do better from now on..."? There are several dates that can mark that starting point. I'm lucky enough to have a summer birthday which can function as the first day of my new year. Even though it's been many, many years since I was in school, the first day of school still feels like the first day of a new year. There is, of course, January 1. But my favorite is the entire season from Winter Solstice to Spring Equinox. This is the season we plan for the new year. In fact, depending on how you feel about numbers, every single day is the first day of a new year.

I have some of the same resolutions most people have: exercise more, smoke less, eat better... But the biggie for me is planning. I don't have enough time or money to waste much. And there are sooooo many things I want to do (and quite a few that I don't want to do but have to)

I'm off to make a list...

Watch this space...

"It is not enough to be busy... The question is what are we busy about?"
– Henry David Thoreau

No comments: