Thursday, August 11, 2005

Time

This morning my sister sent me a link to this clock - you have to watch it to appreciate the digital irony. Not that I really need any more reminders of time passing. It's 10:30 and the sun is shining. Yet I'm sitting indoors.

A book I borrowed from Robin shows me how to make a neat little book. The cover includes an hourglass template, two pieces of acrylic and some sand.

I wanted to make the book for Maggy and use the pages inside for the Benjamin Franklin quote, "If you love life, do not squander time. For that is the stuff life is made of." But that sounds really nagging - and you're looking at the sand trickling away. Man, is that depressing.

So, I thought of Jim Croce, "If I could save time in a bottle, the first think that I'd want to do is to save every day 'til eternity passes away just to spend them with you." That's better, but way too needy for a mother-child thing.

I could work up a pretty good philosophical rant around "The fundamental things remain, as time goes by." Or an artistic presentation of "Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once."

Still, it's 11:00 and I'm going outdoors now.

No comments: