Monday, August 08, 2005

Hummingbird

This may be why I can't get things done. I was replacing the worn out steps to my back door. Nearby there's a nice stand of Bee Balm and I'd been watching the hummingbirds coming and going for days. I got the project with the stairs roughed out. But I couldn't resist getting my camera.

Years ago I read, in a photography book, "When you're about to take a picture, ask yourself 'Why am I taking this picture?' and if you can't think of a reason, don't take the picture." So, the reason for this picture is to show that there are hummingbirds in my life and I can sit still long enough to get a picture of one.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Another good reason for your taking this picture is because it's so rare to see an actual photograph of a hummingbird, let alone one feeding on a flower! We usually only see drawings of hummingbirds in magazines, etc., and then they're usually at a hummingbird feeder. This is a truly natural photo, and I so appreciate your sharing it with us, your readers (and fans). Thanks!