Friday, November 21, 2008

Blogging Habit

I'm not sure quite when or why I started to let go of the blogging habit, but I want it back. I started writing for the fun of it in 2004 and absolutely no one else read the blog. Near the end of 2005 I began getting comments from strangers who apparently stumbled upon the blog by accident. In 2006 other bloggers and some local friends chimed in and readership peaked last year when I campaigned for a local elected office. That turned out to be a mixed blessing.

I'm starting over. Bear with me while I get back into the habit of thinking like a blogger. That is, actually having something to say. Since the last time I wrote we started siding the new part of the house. We've finished the log part and will continue on the second floor with cedar shingles. I use the pronoun "we" very loosely. I actually had very little to do with the siding.


I judged the local Halloween costume contest.

There are lots of prizes. But this might be my choice for cutest.





And most elegant.

I baffled someone by saying Halloween's my favorite holiday - except for the candy and costumes. I don't like sweets and I don't like to dress up. But Halloween is New Year's Eve in the Pagan calendar and I grasp at every opportunity for a fresh start - New Year's Day, first day of spring, first day of school, Mondays, daybreak, whatever...





I campaigned for Barack Obama and for Congressman Arcuri (far right) as well as our local candidates Don Barber, Jason Leifer and Joe Valentinelli.




And voted, perhaps for the last time on our beloved lever machines.


The cats are reminding me that the weather's turning colder and they're no longer willing to spend all day outside. Thanksgiving is around the corner. Before I know it Christmas will be past and I can celebrate another New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back!!!! I missed your blog. I worked for the Barack Obama campaign too! Kathy C

Kay Dennison said...

Welcome back! You hold a special place in my blogosphere family as you were one of the first to welcome me when I started back in 2006 so I'm delighted to have you back.

I can't wait to see how the house looks when it's done!!!