Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bird Feeder

Hawks give new meaning to the term "bird feeder." Yesterday the sound of two birds hitting the window made me look up to see if anyone got hurt. No. Everyone seemed okay. But a hawk was perched on the log beneath the bird feeder. I'm not sure what "disappointed" would look like on that fierce hawk face. But as least she didn't have a bird in hand. Could she seriously be waiting to see if a bird would come back?



I watched for a minute, debating whether to savor the moment or risk scaring her off to get the camera. I backed off cautiously and snuck to an upstairs window with the camera. No dice. She flew off leaving me with only this picture.


But it's a good camera. And I've got Photoshop. One square inch in the middle near the top looks like this.

No comments: