Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bluebirds

My elected position doesn't pay much (about $16,000) but thanks to the efforts of the previous decade's elected officials and taxpayers, I have a really nice office. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing particularly luxurious about it. It's an 8 x 10 room with a desk, a bookshelf and a computer. But the window has this terrific view.





This picture was taken in January when I moved into the office.








In March, after I saw bluebirds swooping over the field, we contacted the local Bluebird Association and they came to put up bluebird nest boxes.



Bluebirds moved into one of the boxes, hatched eggs and are now busily feeding them.






I'd never seen a bluebird before March (tho' Bill insists he once pointed one out to me.) Now I have my very own picture.





1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

This is so incredibly, wonderfully awesome!!!! I envy you such a beautiful neighbor!!!