Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Month

Okay.  So where did the month go?  I finished splitting and stacking the firewood and restacked the row that fell down - twice.  The barn is a bit cleaner, the compost is turned and I started clearing the bank where I want to start some rock building.

There's no way to say this without sounding trite, but I can't believe it's still raining.  I don't keep track but I'm pretty sure I've never seen the creek still full at this time of year.  So my major indoor project has been designing - if not actually building - improved lighting for the living room. I really need to create something like daylight there before the days get too short.  I think I can do it with flourescent lights concealed in a soffit over the window.  Then I keep complicating it by trying to include floor length drapes that cover the eight foot window when closed but don't cover any glass when open.  It would be great if they could pull one way so they'd cover the log wall to the left when open.  But that means a twelve foot span with no center support.  I can attach a track to the top of the proposed soffit but I'm not sure yet how much space I need for the track and the light fixtures.  Will it look terrible if it extends 6 inches out from the window?  I guess I just have to try it.

No comments: