Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Trade-offs

So many things in life involve trade-offs. Even the simplest things.

I keep a jug of cider near my chair so I don't have to get up to get a drink. I know. It's lazy. And I really could use the exercise of going downstairs to get the drink. But lately, I've been thinking that cider has a lot of calories. Maybe I could switch to fizzy water.

A friend kindly bought me a six-pack of lime fizzy water. I tried it. I LIKE it. But the next day I looked at the bottle and realized I really can't be responsible for bringing all that plastic into the world.

I googled seltzer makers. I think the results can be summarized as complicated, expensive and definitely not waste-free. I realized that I really don't need bubbles. I just need something a bit more interesting than tap water.


This is it! Fruit-infused waters. There must be thousands of possible combinations many of which can be found here.  I haven't tried them yet, but I'm hopeful. I have to give up bubbles (which my cider didn't have anyway). But in exchange, I can give up calories and AND plastic.


No comments: