Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sisyphus


Another tiny victory in Maggy's ongoing struggle to push the Wall Street world toward the reality based community:


So my boss sent me to Duane Reade to get some things for a care package we're sending to Liz's brother's unit in Iraq. Protein bars, eyedrops, etc. etc. - I got way too much of a kick out of picking out the bars (no chocolate bc it melts, so a little challenge.) I decided to add some Luna bars to the mix because they have the best flavors without chocolate. Apparently they've changed the marketing so now they're "Nutrition for Women". Maybe you see where this is going?

Yep, someone said "Wait, these are for WOMEN! We can't send these."

To their credit, after my "Oh, really?" and a blank stare, they were like "Oh. Right."

Not to mention, if I were a man in the middle of the desert with MREs as the main food source, I probably would not turn down a delicious toasted nut and cranberry protein bar because it said it was for women.

I love it that she keeps trying.

No comments: