Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Weekend Events

This just in from my sister: WNGD. Saturday is World Naked Gardening Day. I've always been glad I live where I can make clothing optional in my yard. It's going to be harder for my sister in suburban New Jersey, but her garden has some secluded areas, too.

Here in Tompkins County, Saturday is the day for the Freeville Harvest Festival and the Ellis Hollow Fair. The Freeville Harvest Festival, 9:00 - 4:00 will have lots of activities for kids. The Ellis Hollow Fair, noon 'til 4:00, is well-known for its pies. I like it for the used book sale and flea market.

[Ed 9/7/06. Thanks for the reminder,Dave. The 16th Annual Etna Commuinity Yard Sale will be going on Saturday from 9:00 'til noon at Houtz Hall.

Note that breakfast sausage and eggs will be available all day at the Freeville Festival in addition to chicken Barbecue after 11:00AM. An Auction is scheduled for 11:30 as well as White Elephant Sale, Farmer's Market and Bake Sale.

Also consider taking a look at the renovations to the Dryden, Freeville and Cassavant Elementary schools with the Community Walk-Through at all three schools Tuesday, September 12 4:00 - 8:00PM.]

No comments: